The promises and commitments that you as a couple make on your wedding day form the basis of your expectations for your lives together.
Your marriage promises are made to each other in the presence of your family and friends who are there to not only witness your commitment and to participate in the celebration of your marriage, but also to support your marriage both now and into the future.
There are as many different types of ceremonies as there are couples who are wishing to make the marriage promises.
Many meaningful ritual elements can be included, such as handfasting, unity candle lighting, spiral dancing, chanting and drinking from the loving cup - to mention just a few!
You may wish to exchange rings or gifts or to hold a themed wedding, such as medieval or colour themes.
I seek to facilitate warm and loving ceremonies which encourage the participation and support of everyone present.
Together we will discuss your requirements to celebrate your marriage and craft a ceremony which reflects your individual requirements.
There are certain obligations under the Marriage Act - 1961, that a couple intending to be
married must meet before a marriage ceremony can be performed:
- A Notice of Intended Marriage must be lodged with your marriage celebrant no less than one month and one day, and no more than eighteen months before the marriage.
- If you were born in Australia you must produce your original birth certificate, or an authorised extract of such certificate.
- If you were born outside Australia you are also required to produce your birth certificate. Your overseas passport is also acceptable in this case.
- If either of you have been married before, you must provide a copy of your Divorce documents or a Death Certificate of your former partner.
- Both partners will be required to sign a Declaration before your marriage, stating that
you believe there is no legal impediment to the marriage between yourself and your partner.
- Any person under eighteen must obtain approval of a court of law to be married as
prescribed by the Marriage Act - 1961.
Code of Practice for Marriage Celebrants
Please feel free to contact me to discuss your requirements.
Phone: 0407 447 344
Joyful Life Celebrations - Celebrating Life in Tasmania!